A de-googled phone is a phone that was originally meant to run on Android Operating System, but gets modded to operate on a different OS, usually an open source OS.
On this website, you will have a chance to secure a de-googled phone that runs GrapheneOS or CalyxOS, which are two of the most popular privacy focused mobile Operating Systems. They are both open source so the community can verify what is under the hood.
Using either one of these OS means that your phone is no longer tracking your every move and sending your data back to Google’s servers. It’s your phone and your data, and you decide what you share.
THE OPERATING SYSTEMs
GrapheneOS is a private and secure mobile operating system with great functionality and usability. It starts from the strong baseline of the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and takes great care to avoid increasing attack surface or hurting the strong security model. GrapheneOS makes substantial improvements to both privacy and security through many carefully designed features built to function against real adversaries.
The OS has been hardened to mitigate against advanced hacking threats and exploits. Graphene OS respects your privacy as well as being the most secure hardened mobile OS on the market and will never contain a backdoor or be subject to malware campaigns or phishing expeditions (targeted or otherwise).
PRIVACY BY DESIGN
CalyxOS minimizes the tracking, surveillance, and spying done by phone manufacturers, mobile phone service providers, internet service providers, advertising companies, data miners, and malicious hackers. The operating system is designed to ensure maximum usability and flexibility, so that you have an array of choices available to ensure your privacy and security. The project cares a lot about usability and app compatibility, meaning that 99% of apps that run on Android run also as well on CalyxOS.
CalyxOS is designed with the needs of human rights frontline defenders, journalists, lawyers, and political and social activist groups in mind.
- 1 - Enhanced management of memory – essentially the OS better protects the contents of the phones brain; thus massively reducing opportunities for hackers to gain access to your phone.
- 2 - Better encryption than standard Android.
- 3 - Much more resilient permissions out of the box; which reduces risk associated with malicious apps being installed.
- 4 - Privacy preserving web browsers by default. Out of the box they provides better security & a much more private web browsing experience.
- 5 - Operating system verification using a service called Attestation. In the unlikely event your phone is compromised YOU will be told it has been, thus allowing you to use alternative means for communication!
- 6 - Delivers a modern end user experience which allows users to enjoy a modern smartphone whilst benefiting from enhanced security.
Google Pixel phone with Graphene or Calyx OS. Together with the phone you will also have the battery charger with the USB cable.